The vision for DMIC (Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor) is to create strong economic base with globally competitive environment. DMIC-Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor is a huge projects of infra structure of 90 billion USD with technical and financial support from Japan with covering business capital of India. The vision for DMIC (Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor) is to create strong economic base with globally competitive environment.
The Government of india is setting up a multi-modal Dedicated Freight Corridor (DFC) between Delhi and Mumbai. Out of the total 1483 kms of the length of DFC, 38% is falling in Gujarat. The area of 150 kms on the both sides of the DFC will be developed as DMIC. It will be a high impact industrial corridor.
DMIC is to be developed as a Global Manufacturing and Trading Hub of India supported by world class infrastructure and enablining policy framework, It will become "the engine for economic resurgence of the coutry"
DMIC Project Goals
Double the employment potential in five years (14.87% CAGR) Triple industrial output in five years (24.57% CAGR) Quadruple exports from the region in five years(31.95% CAGR)
DMIC in Guajrat: Dholera SIR to be the most prime location...
- 62% of the total area of Guajrat covered
- 18 out of 26 District within the influence Area
- Major cities on DMIC:Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat
- 1/3rd of total investment will be in Guajrat
- Estimated employment: 8 lacs
- Gujarat's ports to cater to foreign & hinterland markets
- World class connectivity between the Ports, nodes & DFC
- Six logistics parks being developed along the DFC
Out of the total twenty four industrial nodes planned along the DMIC, six nodes (two investment regions and four industrial areas) have been proposed for the State of Gujarat.
Dholera SIR is the first such node, taken up for developement by the Government of Gujarat.