Dholera International Airport is an approved International airport in Gujarat India. It will be built near Navagam in the Dholera taluka of Ahmedabad district. The project site is spread over on 1,426 hectares near village Navagam in Dholera taluka, about 80 kilometers from Ahmedabad and around 20 kilometers from the Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR).
The airport is strategically located amongst the big cities of the state like Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Vadodara, Anand etc. while also connecting several international air routes Dholera international airport project shall soon uplift the heavy traffic from the Ahmedabad airport which is about to reach its saturation levels.
Highlights of Dholera Greenfield International
- Airports Authority of India (AAI) has prepared the Feasibility Report, DPR & EIA.
- The site can accommodate two runways of 2910m and 4000m
- MOEF&CC has issued Environment Clearance for the Project site.
- Ministry of Defence has given No Objection for construction of Airport.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation has granted the Site Clearance.
- Received In-Principle Approval from the Ministry of Civil Aviation, GoI in January 2016.
- Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Corporation Ltd. has been offered equity in DIACL
- The project will be developed in PPP Mode adhering to the guidelines of the Greenfield Airport Policy of GoI.